October 22, 2016
DonaldJ. Trump Delivers Groundbreaking Contract for The American Voter In Gettysburg
Gettysburg,PA: Today, in historic Gettysburg, PA, Donald J.Trump presented a game-changing plan for his first 100 days in office.……
Donald J. Trump Contract with The American Voter
“On the first day of my term of office, myadministration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean upthe corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
•FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits onall members of Congress;
•SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federalworkforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and publichealth);
•THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, twoexisting regulations must be eliminated;
•FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officialsbecoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
•FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf ofa foreign government;
•SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money forAmerican elections.
On the same day, I will begin taking thefollowing seven actions to protect American workers:
•FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdrawfrom the deal under Article 2205
•SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-PacificPartnership
•THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China acurrency manipulator
•FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. TradeRepresentative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impactAmerican workers and direct them to use every tool under American andinternational law to end those abuses immediately
•FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, includingshale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
•SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energyinfrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
•SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programsand use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, I will takethe following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule oflaw:
•FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandumand order issued by President Obama
•SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for JusticeScalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend theConstitution of the United States
•THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
•FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegalimmigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’ttake them back
•FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vettingcannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will beconsidered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress tointroduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for theirpassage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
1. MiddleClass Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed togrow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs throughmassive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform,regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy.
The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-classfamily with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of bracketswill be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified.The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions ofdollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10percent rate.
2. EndThe Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies fromlaying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship theirproducts back to the U.S. tax-free.
3. AmericanEnergy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships,and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion ininfrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
4. SchoolChoice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars togives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter,magnet, religious or home school of their choice.
Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities.It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year collegemore affordable.
5. Repealand Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it withHealth Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across statelines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cuttingthe red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and weespecially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
6. AffordableChildcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare andelder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-sitechildcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts forboth young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-incomefamilies.
7. EndIllegal Immigration Act. Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with thefull understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the UnitedStates for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimumfederal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previousdeportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for thosewith felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more priordeportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying andto ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
8. RestoringCommunity Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence bycreating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs thattrain and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcementagencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violentoffenders behind bars.
9. RestoringNational Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defensesequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the abilityto receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice;protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screeningprocedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our countrysupport our people and our values
10. Cleanup Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain theSwamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
This is my pledge to you.
And if we follow these steps, we will oncemore have a government of, by and for the people.”